The black chicken breeds are always fascinating and delicious to eat. They do not just possess a unique appearance but are also famous for their several health benefits. Black chicken meat, known for its high protein content, is consumed by many people. Let us have a look at some of the commonly eaten black chicken breeds.
- The first famous black chicken breed is silkie, whose origin tends to remain a mystery. The majority of the people derive its origin in China. This breed is also raised in other regions of Asia, North America, and Europe. It is one of the most popular ornamental chickens in the world.
- This chicken has fluffy plumage that feels like satin and silk. They have black skin and bones and of course, are delicious to eat and they make perfect black chicken soup in Singapore. Unlike other chickens, this breed of black chicken has five toes on each foot, while the regular chickens have four toes.
- The silkie chicken helps to provide warmth to the body and to strengthen the immune system. It is also well-known to enhance fertility in women and is healthy for developing babies inside the womb. In addition to this, it restores vitality in women.
- Kadaknath is a type of black chicken breed that is native to the Jhabua district in Madhya Pradesh, India. Counted among one of the rarest poultry breeds globally, the Kadaknath chicken is famous for its black meat. It is termed BMC in the native language and stands for black meat chicken.
- If you look at this chicken, you will find that it is entirely black. The plumage, however, has a greenish iridescence. The wattles, comb, toenails, beak, bones, and even the organs are black.
- The Kadaknath chicken is known for its medicinal values in homeopathy and finds its use in curing a certain nervous disorder. It helps fight cardiac diseases, asthma, headaches after giving birth, nephritis, and much more. Rich in iron and protein content, this black chicken breed has a low-fat content.
The quality of meat and the black chicken soup are also considered healthy and nutritious.
- It is one of the most popular black chicken breeds. The Cemani chicken is native to the Java Islands, Indonesia. As the most exotic and beautiful breed in the world, it is often termed as ‘Lamborghini of Poultry.’ It is a fibro melanistic breed that is black both inside and outside.
- It is defined as one of the rarest breeds in the world. These chickens are black from head to toe. The internal organs, skin, bones, and meat are evenly black.
- The Cemani chicken is also called Ayam Cemani. The eggs laid by Cemani chicken are cream-colored and have little pink spots on them. Often, they also lay brown eggs similar to regular chickens.
You can enjoy several dishes like black chicken soup and meat at any shop in Singapore at affordable rates. It is perfectly safe and healthy to consume. You can take it as often as you like.