Many of us don’t have the perfect smile and therefore we often feel conscious to express ourselves or try to shy away. But with the use of the latest technology in the field of dental treatment, there is no need to be discouraged anymore. A smile makeover is one of the methods offered by the Toongabbie dentist that can help us to get back the perfect smile. So, by choosing smile makeover treatment, anyone can get back the perfect smile that he/she always dream of. But before getting more details about how this treatment method can help, let’s get some information about what smile makeover is all about.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover is a procedure that enables people to convert their unattractive and imperfect smile into an aesthetically pleasing and beautiful smile by using different types of dental procedures. But before implementing this process, the dentists consider and review some aspects of the patients’ smiles that can be improved.
- Tooth color
- Tooth spacing and alignment
- Missing teeth
- Balance and harmony between teeth
- Fuller lips, cheeks, and smile
After considering and reviewing all these factors, the Toongabbie dentist would develop the right treatment plan for a smile makeover. And this treatment plan includes different types of functionally restorative and cosmetic procedures.
Dental treatments that are involved in a smile makeover:
- Laminates/Ceramic veneers: These are thin porcelain layers cemented on the outer areas of tooth enamel to get the desired functional and aesthetic results. This process even includes minimal trimming/preparation of the tooth enamel. The shells that are bonded to the frontal part of teeth change the shape, color, length, or size.
- Metal-free crowns: The crown is the tooth-shaped “cap”, which is placed over the tooth to cover and restore the size, shape, and strength to improve the teeth appearance.
- Composite veneers: These veneers are quite similar to ceramic veneers. But here composite material is used instead of porcelain.
- Dental bridges: This process replaces one or more than one missing teeth with the support of the adjoining abutment teeth. So, the dental bridges bridge all the gaps that are created by one or more than one missing teeth. This process also includes preparing the adjoining teeth to incorporate this bridge.
- Teeth whitening: In this process, the Toongabbie dentist uses the bleaching gel to whiten the teeth color. This process can instantly be performed at the dentist’s office or at the comfort and convenience of the patient’s home over some time.
- Dental implant: This process involves replacing the roots of a missing tooth without involving the adjoining natural healthy teeth. In this process, a titanium screw is drilled surgically in the mandibular or maxillary site of the missing tooth. Once the implant is integrated firmly in the bone, a crown is placed to re-establish the function of masticatory along with the desired aesthetics.
- Dental bonding: This process includes the application of a tooth-colored resin material that is hardened with a special light. And this eventually bonds this material to the tooth for improving or restoring the smile of a person.