So, you are planning to buy cardboard boxes in Sydney for your business, but you are unable to decide the type that is right for you. Packing boxes are usually of different types, therefore choosing any specific type of box can be overwhelming. But learning the basics can make the selection process a little smoother. So, here are some of the questions that you need to ask yourself when it comes to choosing the right shipping box for your business.
Cardboard Shipping Box Style That You Want:
This is one of the most important questions that you need to ask yourself while choosing cardboard boxes for your business. These boxes are available in different styles from which you can choose. Some of the options include:
- Easy-fold mailers
- Regular slotted cartons
- Front lock mailers
- Corrugated mailers
- White corrugated boxes
- Kraft corrugated boxes
- Printed or corrugated boxes
Cardboard shipping box size that you want:
After deciding the cardboard shipping box style, the next thing that you need to select is the size of the box before you buy cardboard boxes in Sydney. The size will help you to decide how spacious or tight the shipping boxes should be. Avoid wasting your space as much as possible. Often oversized shipping boxes rack up heavy shipping charges and these require more carton-sealing tape as well as a void fill. And this enhances the risk of products suffering damage by bouncing around.
What Type of Product You Are Going To Ship:
The product type that you are going to ship or if there is any special consideration would influence the selection of shipping boxes or any other types of packaging supplies. For example:
- Medicines, food products or other perishable items need protection from humidity changes and temperature. So, you need to buy cardboard boxes in Sydney with insulated shipping kits to create protected and sealed environments.
- Breakable items need different layers of protection to be safe. You should pack those items snug, but not that snug. At the same time, you must restrict the movement of those items in the packaging box as much as possible.
- Handmade goods and clothing items require shipping boxes, which keep them unmoving and snug while leaving adequate space for other padding or filling the void.
Apart from the above-mentioned ones, there are some other tips that you need to follow. These include:
- Avoid bad packaging options. Always stick to undamaged and new cardboard boxes as used boxes can often have tears or dents or some unseen issues such as water damage. In case you are able, then opt for the water-activated tape to seal the boxes. These are sturdier than standard packing tapes and these also leave obvious evidence in case of tampering of packaging.
- Also, avoid the wasteful choices of packaging. Opt for foam sheets, bubble cushion, or packaging paper whenever it is possible. Using packing tape is necessary, but over-taping never means a more secure option of customer shipment.