Home Improvement




Here’s Your Detailed Guide For Property Transfer!

by | Nov 10, 2020 | Real Estate

It’s not as straightforward as you would imagine passing property to your family member or a near and dear one. Indeed, when it comes to land sale, it is still safe for you to seek licensed conveyancer aid. There are different situations in which one may pass property to the name of another person. Selling the property or gifting it would be a choice that can be considered in the event of death. Properties will range from homes, residences, flats, resort houses, empty land blocks, rental properties and hobby farms to a unit that adds a licensed conveyancer.

You need to know the simple and essential formalities involved in the course of a land transfer after you have agreed to transfer the property to another person.

Know the value or the selling price

Prior to moving it, you must have the exact valuation of your land by a licensed conveyancer. Doing this would give you a better picture of the variations in the case of capital gains tax.

Hire a lawyer

If you are either gifting or selling the land, it is usually best that you employ licensed conveyancer. A solicitor will support you in specifically filling out and filing the leave claim deed. You might even be able to fill out the forms on your own, but you may get a little lost and need a lot of time.

Deed of Leave Claim

This deed is signed to pass the owner’s ownership interest without making any guarantees about the interest in the land. They are essentially used after a breakup or other informal decisions to clear up the title issues or move the property between spouses. The exact and full names of the transferee and the transferor are very important to the licensed conveyancer to compose the deed.

The legal definition of land

It is very important to note a precise legal description of the property at the time of the sale. The specifics that need to be listed are information such as your location, landmark, few criteria and measurements by the licensed conveyancer.


The idea of exclusions is to explicitly say that both the recipient parties and the giving parties are removed from taxes as the property is exchanged between persons. In the case of an adult, infant, in-laws,

Gift deed/Will deed: 

It is possible to pass a property either as a gift or as specified in a will. He/she would not be exempted from paying the liabilities if an individual transfers the property in order to avoid the liabilities. A stamp tax, whose value and the intent rate will be set by the government, will be necessary for the transfer of property as a gift deed. It needs to be registered by a professional licensed conveyancer as well. In the case of a Will deed, the stamp obligation is inferred and the Will will only take place until the individual’s death There is a choice of either reporting the Will deed or not registering it.