There are various kinds of canned motor pumps that the industrial sector uses. This is because of their design principle that eliminates the need for shaft seals and prevents leakage. Sealless or hermetically sealed pumps are some of their more popular names. One particular type of canned motor pump that the industrial sector widely uses is the high heat resistant pump. The industrial sector primarily uses these pumps because of their capability to withstand high-temperature applications.
The metal parts form the external surface of the high-temperature heat resistant pump that on the outside remains exposed to ambient conditions while on the inner side remain in contact with the liquid. Due to this, the selection of metal depends upon several factors including the dimensional changes that occur as a result of thermal expansion, the resistance of the metal to corrosion. Most importantly, the maximum practical temperature limit decides this selection of metal. It is also important to consider the thermal shock that may occur when a sudden change in temperature of the metal takes place while selecting the metal for the external surface of the pump.
The selection of the internal material of the heat resistant pump is more or less based upon the same considerations, however, emphasis shifts slightly from the consideration of thermal shock to loss of hardness. This is because even though there are some internal shocks sources, they are not as likely to affect as the thermal shock due to ambient sources. Show the loss of hardness becomes the most important consideration as the induction hardened Steel idler pins tend to lose hardness when exposed to higher temperature ranges.
- The design of these pumps is such that they have high efficiency at higher temperatures as compared with other types of canned pumps.
- The high-temperature heat resistant pump has no possibility of the liquid leaking out, which is quite advantageous.
- The higher heat pumps are resistant to corrosion of metals that may occur at higher temperature ranges.
- The reduction of gas emissions related to the process heat generated in the climate is another crucial advantage that they provide.
- They have insulation limits for handling liquids having more than 140°C temperature limits which are more than the limit of normal organic motor insulation materials.
Due to the above-mentioned advantages, the high heat resistant pump finds application in a range of unique processes. These applications are due to their ability to deliver process heat and due to the utilization of excess heat.
- The high-temperature heat resistant pump finds application in everything ranging from the production of hot water to waste energy upgradation that other processes make use of.
- Since the high-temperature heat pumps are leak-free, they find application for handling such liquids that may y harmful to humans, expensive liquids, or flammable or explosive liquids.
- As the steam produced from heat pumps is more eco-friendly in comparison to that produced in conventional boilers, the industrial sector prefers to use this steam in the drying of food, sterilizing of milk, etc.
- The most important industrial application is, however, its use in handling high-temperature liquids.
A good understanding of these advantages and applications makes the choice easier for anyone looking to buy heat pumps.